The following trips have been arranged:
1. Friday 22nd February 2019 – Tenpin Bowling at Madison Heights & Meal at IZUMI, Maldon.
Cost for Bowling £4.25, cost for meal £8.95. Together £13.20.
5 places booked out of 16 (flexible) places available – £66 handed to treasurer. Pay Madison Heights on the day.
2. Wednesday 13th March 2019– Home, I’m Darling. Duke of York’s Theatre, London. 2.30pm performance.
Cost of ticket £39.50. 10 Tickets bought – SOLD OUT
Total cost of tickets £395.00. £395.00 paid to Treasurer.
3. Wednesday 22nd May 2019 – 9 to 5 The Musical. The Savoy Theatre, London. 2.30pm performance.
Cost of ticket £32.50. 16 Tickets bought – 12 tickets sold – leaving 4 remaining.
Total cost of tickets £520.00. £390.00 paid to Treasurer.
4. Saturday 1st June 2019 – Barn Dance at the Village Hall.
Cost per ticket £10. 64 tickets available. Band and Village Hall booked.
Hire of Hall £112.50
Hire of Band £370.00 – to be paid on the evening
Total Cost £482.50 – (£40 deposit paid for the hall).
If all tickets sold £157.50 available for raffle prizes and sundries. Any profit to go back into funds to support payment of future events and to replace equipment used.
14 tickets sold. £140 handed to Treasurer.
5. Thursday 6th June 2019 – Clayhill Vineyard Tour.
Cost £5. 19 tickets available. SOLD OUT
Total cost of tickets £95.00. £95.00 paid to Treasurer. Pay Clayhill on the day, no deposit required
6. Wednesday 10th July 2019 – Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The London Palladium. 2.30pm performance.
Cost of ticket £45. 16 tickets bought – 9 tickets sold leaving 7 remaining.
Total cost of tickets £720.00. £405.00 paid to Treasurer.
• After considering the cost of tickets and coach for Peter Pan Christmas Panto 2019/2020 we have decided that the cost was too great to run this event.
• FORDS Coaches, Althorne are no longer running excursions. They still do private hire of coaches.
• Other events may be considered and added to the schedule throughout the year.
Beverly and Brian Hunt
Thursday 6th June 2019 – 2.00pm
Down to the Dengie – A Visit to Clayhill Vineyard
We have booked a waffle & wine taste tour for twenty people to visit Clayhill Vineyard sampling three wines. Situated near the village of Althorne, Essex. Clayhill Vineyard sits on the south facing slopes of the Crouch Vale with its clay soils running down to the river. The tour lasts one and a half hours and will cost £5. Plus, you have the opportunity to purchase their wine. A sign-up sheet will be available at the January monthly meeting.