Membership currently stands at 265 of which approximately 80 members regularly attend the monthly meetings. The latter are held at the Burnham Village Hall (formerly the Carnival Hall).
Our yearly membership runs from June 1st – May 31st. It costs £15 but for anyone joining after 1st December a half-year membership costs £9. At most monthly meetings members will be asked for a contribution of £1 towards the cost of the speaker and refreshments.
Potential members or visitors can attend up to two monthly meetings per year upon payment of £2 per meeting prior to becoming a member. To attend any further meetings or groups they are then required to pay the yearly or half-yearly subscription, whichever applies.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION?
- meet and socialise with like-minded people
- attend monthly meetings* where visiting speakers talk on a vast array of interesting subjects. Tea and biscuits are supplied free at these meetings.
- choose to attend, from a selection of 36 groups covering a diverse range of activities, as many as your calendar will allow.
- partake of events* organised by our Social Events Committee. Past outings have included visits to stately homes and the theatre, and cheese and wine parties.
- have a free copy of our monthly newsletter. This contains up-to-date news from the groups and the committee and plenty of friendly banter and recollections from members.
- have access to a regularly updated website specifically relating to membership matters which also includes ‘members only’ pages. *incurs extra cost
For any information on subscriptions, or if you would like to join the Burnham-on-Crouch branch of the U3A, please contact Sue Bridgman on 01621 772593.
If you wish you can download the application form and post it, with your subscription, to the membership secretary at the address shown.